Wilson Mechanical Air Duct Cleaning
Did you know the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has cited indoor air pollution as one of the top five growing concerns in our country today?
What is Air Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning is the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.
If not properly installed, maintained, and operated, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen or other debris. If moisture is present, the potential for microbiological growth (e.g., mold) is increased and spores from such growth are released into the home's living space. Some of these contaminants may cause allergic reactions or other symptoms in people when they are exposed to them. Failure to clean a component of a contaminated system can result in re-contamination of the entire system, thus negating any potential benefits.
Dirt, mold, bugs, mites, and other “stuff” are all living in your duct system. We can get rid of it all with a whole-house duct cleaning. Duct cleaning can improve your health and safety by eliminating molds, bacteria and germs from source and recirculated air, keeping your entire home cleaner and healthier. You and your family can breathe easier with duct
Here are some interesting facts to consider:
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association & EPA)
- 20% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- The average 6-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
- The levels of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (USEPA)
- Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC/Air Duct System.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies.
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Total Health and Better Health Magazines)
- 10-12 million Americans suffer from Asthma. (American College of Allergists)
- Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
- Most commercially available fiberglass furnace filters are less than 7% efficient. (ASHRAE)
Rotobrush® Air Duct System Cleaning
In today's air-tight homes, Indoor Air Quality is a growing concern. Most household dust contains dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen, and animal dander. Many of these contaminants are circulated through the central air systems in most homes and can aggravate the symptoms of asthma and allergies.
How can these contaminants be removed from the air duct system? Our professionals have combined their proven techniques with the video-assisted ROTOBRUSH ® air duct cleaning system. This advanced cleaning method is the only one available that brushes and vacuums at the point of contact, eliminating the use of harsh chemicals such as sealers. You are left with the assurance of fresh, clean and virtually contaminant-free air in your home and office.
Here's How it Works
It's Easy as 1,2,3
- We clean the register covers to remove cooking oil film, nicotine film and other dust-collecting substances.
- We deep clean the source of the air supply including (where applicable) the blower, squirrel cage, coils, condensation pan and return air supply.
- The air ducts are then brush vacuumed clean with our exclusive, patented ROTOBRUSH. The ROTOBRUSH removes the contaminants that circulate through the air duct system. We will sanitize your air ducts and vents with an environmentally safe sanitizer commonly used in hospitals and nursing homes, leaving behind a fresh scent.