Wilson Mechanical Indoor Air Quality
INDOOR Air Quality
The U.S. Environmental Agency says the quality of indoor air can be up to 100 times worse than the air outside.
At Wilson Mechanical we offer a variety of solutions to help your family breathe easier.
Never underestimate the impact your home’s air quality has on your health. Indoor air quality problems have been linked to the following:
- Allergic respiratory disease
- Dust and dirt buildup
- Excessive mold and mildew
- Increased utility bills (due to decreased air flow)
- Unpleasant fumes and odors
- 50% of illnesses (such as colds and flu, allergies and asthma) are caused or aggravated by mold, mildew, bacteria and fungi, according to the American College for Allergists.
Dry air can have a number of negative effects on you, your family, your pets and even your belongings.
Oxygen intake is more difficult with dry air, and can lead to respiratory problems, allergies and viruses.
It can make furniture shrink, warp and crack. Annoying static shocks.
Do you ever wonder why the air outside seems so much more fresh than the air indoors? A big reason why is because of the sun’s natural UV light rays that combats bacteria and contaminants.
UV Lamps Keep Coils Free of Microbial Growth and Bacteria
- Kills bacteria & mold growing on the indoor coil
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Silent operation
- Enhanced air flow
- Minimizes microbial build-up on coils
The potential for growth of mold and bacteria on your air conditioning coils is a result of normal condensation that takes place during the cooling process. A UV Germicidal Lamp is designed to kill that mold and bacteria by breaking down its DNA. It uses a technology that has been trusted for over 60 years to kill microorganisms in water purification, the food processing industries, hospital operating rooms and more. The addition of a UV Lamp to your home comfort system can reduce your family’s risk of allergic reactions and illnesses as well as eliminate the foul odors associated with such growth on the coil.
Here are some of the benefits …
- Health: 50% of illnesses (such as colds and flu, allergies and asthma) are caused or aggravated by mold, mildew, bacteria and fungi, according to the American College of Allergists.
- Comfort: You can enjoy a home free of odors that are caused by the growth of mold and mildew in your heating and cooling system.
- Equipment Protection: Mold and mildew can accumulate on your heating and cooling system making it work harder and longer. This can lead to untimely repairs as well as the need to replace your system long before you should have to.
- Energy Savings: A Whole-Home UV Germicidal Lamp saves you money on your utility bills by allowing your home comfort system to run less often, for shorter periods of time and at peak efficiency.
It is very common for homes to have certain rooms that require little effort to keep comfortable, but other rooms that seem to never reach that same level of comfort. Does this describe any rooms in your home?
If so, Honeywell’s HVAC zoning panels are intended to solve this exact issue that affects the majority of home owners. These AC and heating zoning systems come in both wireless and wired models, and will also maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC system as it specifies warming and cooling based on each specific room’s need.
Today, most of us spend a vast majority of our time indoors and indoor air could be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside!
If you suffer from allergies, asthma, hay fever or other breathing difficulties, there is an air filter that can help you.
Removing dust, allergens and odors can do wonders for your health and the quality of your life.
The air we breathe in our homes is loaded with pollutants like pollen, lung-damaging dust, pet hair, dander, dust mites, tobacco smoke, spores, disease-causing bacteria and viruses. Visually you can see, in a beam of sunlight, what represents only a fraction of the millions of airborne contaminants inside your home. Modern air cleaners can improve your health and comfort by keeping your entire home cleaner, protect your furnishings and save you time and the aggravation of continuous dusting and cleaning.
Here are the key benefits of whole house air filtration for your family and home:
- Health: The air in your home is littered with virus-sized particles and bacteria, allergens, respirable dust and other airborne contaminants. A Whole-House Air Cleaner can help provide relief from these irritants—up to 40 times more efficiently than standard furnace filters.
- Comfort: Ever feel as if all you do is clean your home? Installing a whole-home air cleaning system means you'll need to dust less, keeping your home and its contents cleaner and more comfortable.
- Protection: Did you know that build-up of dust and dirt can be damaging to your heating and cooling equipment contributing to increased and expensive maintenance or premature failure.
- Energy Savings: Build-up of pollutants on your heating and cooling equipment can reduce its efficiency by as much as 25%. A Whole-Home Air Cleaner can filter out these particles and help maintain the efficiency of your central heating and cooling system.